|Field Service Technician – Security and Inspection Systems
STS International is seeking experienced Field Service Technicians & Engineers to work in Afghanistan and other overseas locations to support the installation, maintenance and repair of the following types of systems and technologies:Vehicle and Cargo Non- Intrusive Inspection Systems, Surveillance Systems and Physical Security Equipment.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Focus will be on providing maintenance and operational support of numerous complex
security and inspection systems:
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspections Systems
- ISR and other Ground based Surveillance Systems
- Various other imaging and force protection systems (to include intrusion detection sensors, radars and other personnel identification technologies)
- Coordinate and conduct installation, inspection, troubleshooting, maintenance, field repair, and life cycle sustainment of systems
- Travel extensively throughout Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations to provide field maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair expertise to ensure continuous system operations.
- Provide operator, maintainer, and system administrator program of instruction (POI) and new equipment training (NET) training on assigned systems as needed.
- Provide ongoing assistance to base force protection personnel and commanders for deployment of system.
- Provide comprehensive, life cycle logistical support to sustain operations and readiness of systems.
- Regularly interface with client leadership and end-users for daily operations, presentations, and status reports.
- Candidates must have at least 18 Months of OCONUS experience in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and training users in or like equipment to include electrical, optical, mechanical, software, and video and wireless communication systems.
- At least 5 years total experience installing, maintaining, repairing and or training of security and/or inspection systems or like equipment. (3 years if candidate possesses an Associate’s degree).
- Experience should include a working knowledge of AC electric power, battery plants, and grounding standards.
- Ability to repair and perform failure analysis on electronic controls and assembly.
- Knowledge of computers (to include using Microsoft Office, the internet, and basic programming functions) is required, as is the ability to install programs, check start-up logs to determine where errors occur, and change out computer hard drives and power supplies.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and a completed apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
Clearance Requirement: Interested candidates must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Candidates must be willing to work in Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations and live in austere conditions for up to one year with a possibility of extension.
- Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex. Prior experience working overseas is a plus.
- Willing to work a 12 hour shift, 7 days a week for extended periods.
- Ability to pass a health and welfare screening and meet requirements as stated in FM 3-100.21, “Contractors on the Battlefield.”
- Possess a current United States passport.
- Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters.
- Possess a valid US driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to do physically demanding work including lifting and climbing in rigorous environments (including extreme heat and desert climates).
For consideration, send your resume and salary requirements to
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Field Service Technician” in the subject line of your email.
APPLICANTS SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY INVESTIGATION AND MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
STS is a veteran owned small business that is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.