|Systems Engineer – Fairmont, WV
STS International Inc., an innovative systems engineering and integration firm, is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support the DoD operations in Fairmont, WV leading biometric solution for the Department of Defense. The ideal candidate will be a flexible and energetic individual in the Information Technology field.
- All candidates must be in the Fairmont, WV commuting area or be willing to relocate at his/her expense.
- Candidates with current vendor operating system certification and current DoD 8570.01M certification are preferred. If no not currently certified, candidates must be willing to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs design, technical planning, and implementation support for Windows based systems
- Performs design, technical planning, and implementation support for VMware products
- Implements systems in accordance with relevant Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- Coordinates design decisions and implementation plans with other engineering teams as appropriate
- Supports development and test infrastructure in an administrative capacity
- Assists independent verification and validation efforts as appropriate
- Leads and participates in integrated project teams
- Assist in the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans
- Performs trade studies
- Translates requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Local and Domestic Travel may be required with the potential of future International Travel.
- Extended hours or On Call may be required during large program events.
- To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of technical experience with a minimum of an additional 6 years hands on experience with Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Experience deploying operating systems, application software, and updates using mass deployment technologies such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Altiris
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Experience with workstations and blade architectures
- Minimum of two years of experience with VMware ESXi 5.1 or later
- Must be a US Citizen with at least a DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) or similar certification
- Security+, CISSP or similar certification
- Experience deploying and patching Red Hat systems using Satellite
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Top Secret Clearance
If you wish to be considered for this position with STS, please forward your salary requirements resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Systems Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
APPLICANTS SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY INVESTIGATION AND MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESS
TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
STS is a veteran owned small business that is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.