|Program Manager – FSR Support/ ISR Systems
STS International is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead an effort that provides Logistical and Field Service Technician (FSR) support in Afghanistan and other overseas locations to include state side training efforts for the deployment, installation and maintenance of new or existing Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) equipment and or like systems.
This position will be based in the Washington, DC Metro area. All candidates must be within the local commuting area or be willing to relocate at his/her expense.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the performance of the work and all schedules are met and resources used effectively.
- Responsible for managing and directing teams that will focus on providing logistical support as well as maintenance and operational support of numerous complex (ISR) equipment, Aerostats and or like systems.
- Independently plan, develop and implement projects as the technical leader, manager, and coordinator.
- Must be proficient at planning, organizing, directing, scheduling, and controlling performance of specified contract requirements and identify and apply the necessary resources to accomplish requirements and responsibilities.
- Develops task goals, project plans, and schedules.
- Monitors task execution against the project plan.
- Responsible for budgetary planning and managing within prescribed fiscal constraints.
- Responsible to customers and corporate management for task execution and timely delivery of quality products and services to meet contractual performance requirements.
- Consults on technical or management issues as a participant in technical programs, projects, or work groups offering technical or management advice, analysis, constructive solutions, recommendations, and/or implementing documentation.
- Skilled at performing investigations, conducting analyses, and developing information to document and support findings.
- Manages total system support and/or logistics management of all phases of system or equipment life cycle.
- When requested by client, travel to locations in CONUS and OCONUS where services of this contract are being performed to assess Contractor performance and implement proposed process improvement plans.
- Regularly interfaces with client leadership and end-users for daily operations, presentations, and status reports.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of supporting and leading technical programs, projects, or work groups, managing and directing team performance.
- Recent experience with Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and similar equipment;
- Desire to learn new technology and for continuous improvement of processes and personal development; ability to be flexible, adapt to changing requirements, and handle multiple tasks while meeting key deadlines;
- Ability to operate as a member of a strong team as well as work independently to complete daily tasks and report status as required;
- Strong communication skills; driven and highly motivated team leader.
- Candidate must have OCONUS experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Department of Defense contracting policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to independently plan, develop and implement projects, discrete studies/tasks and other work functioning as the manager and coordinator.
- Experienced in various logistics disciplines and/or business practices and knowledgeable of total system support and/or logistics management of all phases of system or equipment life cycle.
- Knowledge of selected computer applications (ex: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Candidate must have some form of US military service (any branch) or equivalent experience. (Prior Middle East deployment preferred.)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree and ten (10) years of direct relevant experience.
Clearance Requirement: Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Candidates must be willing to work and travel extensively in Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations and live in austere conditions for up to one year with a possibility of extension.
- Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex.
- Willing to work a 12 hour shift, 7 days a week for extended periods.
- Ability to pass a health and welfare screening and meet requirements as stated in FM 3-100.21, “Contractors on the Battlefield.”
- Possess a current United States passport.
- Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters.
- Possess a valid US driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to do physically demanding work including lifting and climbing in rigorous environments (including extreme heat and desert climates).
For consideration, send your chronological resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager – ISR Support Services” in the subject line of your email.
APPLICANTS SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY INVESTIGATION AND MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
STS is a veteran owned small business that is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.