|Security and Inspection Systems Instructor
STS International is seeking an experienced Instructor to train Field Service Technicians (FSRs) in Afghanistan and other overseas locations that support the installation, maintenance and repair of specialized systems and technologies: Vehicle and Cargo Non- Intrusive Inspection Systems, Surveillance Systems and Physical Security Equipment.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Focus will be on providing training for maintenance and operational support of numerous complex security and inspection systems:
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspections Systems
- ISR and other Ground based Surveillance Systems
- Various other imaging and force protection systems (to include intrusion detection sensors, radars and other personnel identification technologies)
- Travel extensively throughout Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations to Provide operator, maintainer, and system administrator program of instruction (POI) and new equipment training (NET) training on assigned systems as needed.
- Assist in planning and coordinating actions relating to program wide training development.
- Provide subject matter expertise for quarterly, annual, and other program training requirements
- Coordinate, identify and prioritize staffing requirements to meet the training mission.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current training development programs, policies and philosophy.
- Draft reports, summaries, white papers, briefings, and other special projects in support of the training mission.
- Regularly interface with client leadership and end-users for training assessments, presentations, and status reports.
- Candidates must have at least 18 Months of Instructor experience involving the installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and training users in or like equipment.
- At least 5 years total experience installing, maintaining, repairing and or training of security and/or inspection systems or like equipment.
- Experience should include a working knowledge of AC electric power, battery plants, and grounding standards.
- Ability to repair and perform failure analysis on electronic controls and assembly.
- Knowledge of computers (to include using Microsoft Office, the internet, and basic programming functions) is required, as is the ability to install programs, check start-up logs to determine where errors occur, and change out computer hard drives and power supplies.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and a completed apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
Clearance Requirement: Interested candidates must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Candidates must be willing to work in Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations and live in austere conditions for up to one year with a possibility of extension.
- Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex. Prior experience working overseas is a plus.
- Willing to work a 12 hour shift, 7 days a week for extended periods.
- Ability to pass a health and welfare screening and meet requirements as stated in FM 3-100.21, “Contractors on the Battlefield.”
- Possess a current United States passport.
- Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters.
- Possess a valid US driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to do physically demanding work including lifting and climbing in rigorous environments (including extreme heat and desert climates).
For consideration, send your resume and salary requirements to
email@example.com with “Instructor - Field Service Technicians” in the subject line of your email.
APPLICANTS SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY INVESTIGATION AND MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
STS is a veteran owned small business that is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.